To find a doctor in your area that will probably understand and not just shrug you off – do a google search for “functional medicine” and for “integrated medicine” plus your location.
Self lymph massage – good for the immune system and detoxing – youtube videos
Gaiam TV is a great way to do yoga at home (if you sign up via this link, you will help me get a free month!). I strongly recommend Rodney Yee’s beginner series.
Websites for caregivers – lots of links
Hashtags I like on twitter:
- #spoonie (from the internet famous spoon theory that does an absolutely amazing job of what it is like to live with sickness or disability)
- #spoonieproblems (funny in a wry way, and a great way to see your struggles are not alone)
- #chroniclife (ditto)
- #spooniechat (a chat on twitter on Wednesdays at 5pm (Pacific Standard Time). It is a great way to talk with others who struggle with chronic illnesses of all types. I find it very encouraging. You can just read other people’s responses, or chime in if you want to. A very accepting and positive group of people. It makes me feel accepted, understood, and like I am not crazy!)
- #spooniespeak (ditto but but on Fridays at 11am (Pacific Standard Time), which works better for for some people)
- #spoonies (more informal and directed directly as sister/fellow spoonies)
- #lymies (ditto but for those of us with lyme)